Section 1 – Definitions
Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Policy) refers to IntelliProve BV, D’Haenestraat 22, 9070 Heusden.
Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
Service refers to the Website.
Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform Services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Website refers to IntelliProve, accessible from IntelliProve.com
You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Section 2 – What Information do we collect?
Information we collect directly from You
- Registration Information: You may need an IntelliProve account or Google account to access certain parts of our websites. When You register for an account, we collect Your email address.
- Other Intentionally Shared Data: We may collect Your email address and name if You submit it to Us in other contexts. For example when You subscribe to receive communications from Us or contact Us in any way.
- Technical data (such as IP-address)
Information we collect about You indirectly or passively when You interact with Us
- Usage Data: We use third party Services, such as Google analytics, that employ cookies to collect aggregated and anonymized data when users interact with our websites. This may include webpage visits, what You click on, when You performed those actions and other user statistics.
- Referral Data: If You arrive at an IntelliProve website from an external source (such as a link on another website or in an email), we record information about the source that referred You to Us.
Section 3 – Purpose of the processing
IntelliProve will process Your Personal Data for following purposes as Controller of the processing:
- To monitor, maintain, and improve our websites and features: We internally perform statistical and other analysis on information we collect to analyze and measure user behavior and trends, to understand how people use our websites, including to help Us evaluate or devise new features. We may use Your information for internal purposes designed to keep our websites secure and operational, such as for troubleshooting and testing purposes.
- To enforce our Terms of Service
- To create new Services, features, or content
- To contact You about Your service or account: We can occasionally send You communications of a transactional nature (e.g. Service-related announcements, billing-related matters, changes to our websites or policies, a welcome email when You first register).
- To provide You with customer support, which requires Us to access Your information to assist You (such as technical troubleshooting).
- To contact You for marketing purposes: We may use Your data to advertise a new feature, new product or application. Anytime You would like to stop receiving information from feature, products or others, You can unsubscribe.
We are committed to handling Your personal information and data with integrity and care. However, regardless of the security protections and precautions we undertake, there is always a risk that Your personal data may be viewed and used by unauthorized third parties as a result of collecting and transmitting Your data through the Internet. If You have any questions about the security of Your personal information, contact customer support at email@example.com.
Section 4 – When might we Disclose Your Data to Third Parties?
Account Details to Billing Contact
When Required or Permitted by Law
We may disclose Your information as required or permitted by law, or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect Your safety or the safety of others, and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena, or other legal process served on Us.
Change in Business Ownership or Structure
If ownership of all or substantially all our business changes, or we undertake a corporate reorganization (including a merger or consolidation) or any other action or transfer between IntelliProve entities, You expressly consent to IntelliProve transferring Your information to the new owner or successor entity so that we can continue providing our websites. If required, IntelliProve will notify the applicable data protection agency in each jurisdiction of such a transfer in accordance with the notification procedures under applicable data protection laws.
Section 5 – Consent
When You provide Us with personal information to register and use one of our websites, we assume that You consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only. If we ask for Your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will ask You directly for Your consent.
If after You opt-in, You change Your mind, You may withdraw Your consent for Us to contact You, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of Your information, at anytime, by contacting Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Section 6 – Security
To protect Your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
IntelliProve BV, located at D’Haenestraat 22, 9070 Heusden, Belgium is the data controller for all data we collect from users in the EU.
Section 7 – Cookies
- To make our site easier to use: We may store Your username in a cookie to make it quicker for You to sign in whenever You return to IntelliProve.
- Google Analytics: In addition to the above, we have implemented on our websites and other Services certain Google Analytics features to measure our products and Services in order to improve our offer and value for our clients.
Please be aware You can still choose to remove or disable cookies via Your browser, or here:
Section 8 – Your Rights
- Update Your account details
- Access and correct Your personal information: As an account holder, You may access and correct certain personal information that IntelliProve holds about You. In all cases, requests to exercise these rights may be directed to our customer support team at email@example.com.
- Delete Your data: Deleting data will not permanently delete data immediately. As long as You maintain an account with Us, we may retain Your deleted data for a limited time in case You delete something by accident and need to restore it (which You can request by contacting customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org). To the extent permitted by law, we will permanently delete Your data if You request to cancel Your account (“Right to be forgotten”).
- Cancel Your account: To cancel and delete Your account, please contact customer support at email@example.com. We will respond to any such request, and any appropriate request to access, correct, update, or delete Your personal information within the time period specified by law (if applicable) or without excessive delay. We will promptly fulfill requests to delete personal data unless the request is not technically feasible or such data is required to be retained by law (in which case we will block access to such data, if required by law).
- Portability: Taking into account that IntelliProve product offers data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, You as a client, already have the right to transmit those data to another company if desired (“right to data portability”).
Section 9 – Your Responsibilities
By using our websites, You agree to comply with applicable data protection requirements when collecting and using Your data, such as requirements to inform respondents about the specific uses and disclosures of their data.
Section 10 – How Long do we Retain Your Data?
We generally retain Your data for as long as You have an account with Us, or to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements. Data that is deleted from our servers may remain as residual copies on offsite backup media for up to approximately 6 months.
Last updated on February 22, 2022.